Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles


When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for the past year, he doesn't want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him in Colorado. When he meets Kiara Westford, a good girl totally unlike any of the girls he's usually drawn to, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she's too good for him. But will he put his pride aside when he realizes that being with Kiara might finally allow him to be his true self?

Oh Simone Elkeles, how do you do it?

I can't get enough of these Fuentes brothers. Although Carlos is definitely more annoying than Alex I think I might have liked him a little better, what can I say, I love a little cockiness. His relationship with Kiara was fun to watch develop, and yes it annoyed me a bit at times, I almost wanted to scream KISS ALREADY! However I thought that the suspense made it even better and more realistic with the characters personalities, Kiara doesn't seem like the type to throw herself at a guy in the first five minutes, at least not to me. Another one of the characters that I loved was Tuck, sure he wasn't in it often, but when he was he was a scene stealer for me, almost everything he said made me laugh. I'm a strong supporter of the sassy gay best friend.

The one thing that I thought could have been better with this book would be the development of Carlos's gang background. We got a little bit of it but I feel like there could have been more, a little extra stuffing to the gang storyline would have taken this book up an extra notch for me.

If you loved Perfect Chemistry you'll most likely love this book, I can't wait for the third book to some out, the idea of a bad girl instead of a bad boy really excites me.

Plot: 4/5
Characters: 5/5
Ending: 4/5
Cover 5/5 (how hot is that cover? It's amazing, definitely one of the best covers I've seen)

No comments:

Post a Comment