Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

 
After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:
Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

Now, in a brand-new series from blockbuster best-selling author Rick Riordan, fans return to the world of Camp Half-Blood. Here, a new group of heroes will inherit a quest. But to survive the journey, they’ll need the help of some familiar demigods.

How much do I love Rick Riordan? SO MUCH!

The three main characters of this book are Piper, Jason, and Leo. The story is told in alternating chapters from each characters point of view. Usually with a changing point of view I pick out one I like best but I didn't do that with this book. I loved all of the characters point of views equally, however the one that frustrated me the most was probably Jasons, I just wanted to figure out the mystery surrounding his life SO BAD! Oh man, was I way off.

I also really loved how Riordan brought back old characters (yay Annabeth!). I expected this book to be set a decade or so after the Percy Jackson series ended but it's only a year after the final Percy Jackson book. I think it's going to be really interesting to see how much Riordan really incorporates the old characters in the story-line.

The plot! Oh my goodness how does Rick Riordan come up with these amazing ideas? I loved the whole mystery shrouding Jason and how we got to see a different side of a few of the demi-god cabins. It's cool to see some gods in a new light and to see new gods in action.

Super excited for the next book! If you love Greek Mythology and action, definitely check these books out, especially if you enjoyed the Percy Jackson series.

Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Ending: 3/5
Cover: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment