Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Unraveled by Gena Showalter

Unraveled is the sequel to Intertwined, while I didn't think book two was as good as book one I still enjoyed it.

This series follows Aden Stone, a boy who has four souls living in his head, all of whom have different powers. Aden is a very likable character with a bad boy edge (and who doesn't like a bad boy?). This book is in alternating chapters, mainly between Aden and his friend Mary Ann.

I loved how this book really incorporated the magical world, we really got to see how the witches, faeries and vampires societies worked. We also got to see the different complexities of the romantic relationships in the story, how they're not perfect and every relationship (even a supernatural one) will have problems, and although i do love Mary Ann i felt just a little annoyed with her at times. In the end I did feel she made the right decision, I thought she was a little......... childish when it came to Riley. However this book did make me like Victoria even more, we really got to see her motivations for the things she does and the way she is.

Can I just say OH MY GOSH to that ending? I mean really! Talk about a cliff-hanger, I can't wait to get by hands on book three Twisted.

Plot: 4/5
Characters: 4/5
Cover: 3/5
Ending: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment