Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where bloggers list their top then. This week's Top Ten is Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines.
1. Katsa (Graceling) - Katsa one of my favorite main characters ever! She kicks butt and stays true to herself no matter what. In my opinion she's a great role model for girls everywhere!
2. Rose (Vampire Academy) - Oh Rose, I have a bit of a girl crush on her. She's so awesome and hilarious and tough! Rose wins more fights in one book than many heroines win in an entire series! She's a total badass.
3. Tris ( Divergent) - Tris is a badass for everything she ISN'T. She isn't tall or muscular or pretty but she doesn't let any of that stop her, she still manages to fight her way to the top of the pack and screw up a plot to overthrow the regime!
4. Izzy ( Mortal Instruments Series) - Izzy is completely amazing. She kills demons (with a WHIP, how kick-ass is that?!), breaks hearts, and manages to deliver sass to every conversation. Plus she has a soft side too! Step aside Clary, Izzy is on the way to being my favorite female character in this series.
5. Arya (Inheritance Cycle) - Arya is the reason I wanted to be an elf in Middle School. She withstands torture to save the last dragon egg, wields a sword like nobodys buisness and fights off Eragon's affections. Oh yeah, she's a princess too.
6. Hermione (Harry Potter series) - Who doesn't love Hermione? On the outside she appears to be just your typical bookworm but make her angry and BAM you get punched in the face (take that Malfoy)! She holds her own against two teenage boys, and helps to bring down Voldemort, because let's be honest there's no way Harry could have gotten the Horcruxes without her.
7. Fire - Yes, another Kristin Cashore novel, but she writes the BEST kick-ass characters. Fire is one of the most badass but saddest characters I've ever read about. She saves a kingdom but sacrifices a lot in the process, she's strong both emotionally and physically. With a name like Fire how could you not kick-ass?
8. Annabeth (Percy Jackson series) - Annabeth is the daughter of a goddess, and not just any goddess, the goddess of war and knowledge! She's been killing monsters since she was 8 years old, and she's one of the smartest girls at Camp Half-Blood. Plus she LITERALLY held the weight of the world on her shoulders once, sound's like a pretty awesome heroine to me.
9. Raisa ( the seven realms series) - Princess Raisa does nothing but kick butt in this series. She manuevers her way through the court politically and physically and puts her kingdom before anything. The only thing she can't do is follow here heart *cue sappy tears*.
10. Katniss (The Hunger Games) - Katniss started a rebellion, won the Hunger Games, and made every adolescent girl want to learn archery. Plus she brings down President Snow like nobodys buisness.