Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks Top Ten is Top Ten books to get in the Halloween Spirit!





 

1. Bliss by Lauren Myracle

This book scared the crap out of me. I picked it up because I really enjoyed Myracle's Internet Girls series and the two could not be anymore different! This is a great horror mystery with a retro storyline that will leave you terrified.








2. The First Horror (99 Fear Street, The House of Evil)

When I was in middle school I went through an R.L. Stine faze, which resulted in me reading every single book from his Fear Street series. While they all terrified me The First Horror was definitely the most scarring. These books are great quick but scary stories that STILL haunt me to this day!






3. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard

Pretty Little Liars is a GREAT show, but it's an EVEN BETTER book series! The twists and turns keep you on the edge of your seat and it has enough suspense to leave you breathless. Whenever I feel like I'm being watched my mind immediately jumps to A. This is a great one for people who like scary stories with plenty of drama!





4. Dead Rules by Randy Russell

The girl dies and ends up in a Zombie High School, how creepy is that! Also I found the ending very freaky, definitely a twist I didn't see coming. This ones not too scary but it still satisifies the Halloween appetite.







5. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

I love this book, and I loved how creepy it was and some points! The southern setting and magical elements, combined with the flashbacks from the past make this a great one to pick up anytime you need a dose of Halloween.








6. Monster High by Lisi Harrison

This book is more Middle Grade than Young Adult, but it's still a fun read! It's full of monsters and crazy shenanigans, perfect for a more light-hearted Halloween night!







7. Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber

This is a great fast-paced read with a funny heroine and a sexy (possibly)  vampire love interest. Raven is a great gothic main character that keeps the readers laughing, while diving into a mystery that readers can enjoy (even if you can predict the outcome).






8. Jekel loves Hyde by Beth Fantaskey

I loved this book, it was a great romantic read with a fabulous element of horror. Fantaskey does a great job of keeping the reader on the edge of their seat until the very end! Definitely a spooky one!







9. Generation Dead by Daniel Waters

A great read filled with teen angst and ZOMBIES! Waters does a great job of making these zombies seem human, even if they don't have a beating heart. One of my favorite YA series.







10. You are so Undead to me by Stacy Jay

A fun read about a teenage girl who is destined to kill zombies, even though she doesn't want too. This book has a good balance of creepy and hilarious, thank's to the spunky main character and her less-than-perfect job.




1 comment:

  1. New follower! I'm not a huge fan of The Caster Chronicles. I don't think I've read any of the other ones on your list, but good choices.

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete