Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer



Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers.

But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?


I wanted to love this book. But I didn't, I really liked some parts of it, but other parts...

Ren where we definitely saw the butt kicking side of her but sometimes I thought she was too timid, however I do think that she made the right choice in the end, although I thought that it was very sad.One thing that really shocked me was that I found myself being team Ren. He's usually the kind of character I hate, overpowering stupid guy, but he was so much more! You could see that he genuinely cared about Calla, and I kind of loved his cockiness. One thing you could say about the love triangle in this book is that it was SEXY, really, the book was dripping with sexual tension.

I really liked how we got the background of the Werewolfs history in this book. I love when you get historys of the societys, it just puts the book up a notch.I also liked the dirtyness that we see in Calla's world, there are so many obvious flaws and injustices that just make you want to shake the werewolfs and say  "Really? Your working for THESE people?".

I guess my apprehension to love this book comes from the fact that it could so easily turn into one of those whiny YA romances where the main character just sits in the back like a sad puppy dog and lets herself center her world around boys. I really hope that Cremer doesn't let this happen, because this novel has the makings of a truly awesome series.

Cover: 5/5 (is the cover sparkly? The cover I had was covered in plastic so I couldn't really tell).
Ending: 4//5 (ok the ending made me angry, I don't want to give it away, but really?!)
Characters:4/5
Plot: 4/5

Sorry for all the little comments on the ratings, I guess this book just gave me a lot to say. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment