Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end


I literally just finished this book and have been sitting here yelling about the ending for about fifteen minutes. REALLY CASSANDRA CLARE? I mean just throw us this news that we didn't even see coming and crush our hopes! ( I don't want to give the reason I'm freaking out just in case any of you haven't read the book yet, those of you who have probably know what I'm talking about.) I mean jeez! I love a good plot twist, but this?!

Ok. No more ranting, onto the review!

I LOVED THIS BOOK! Oh my goodness it was fantastic. I loved all of the characters especially Clary Jace and Simon ( I know three of the main characters, kind of obvious but they were great). Simon's constant sarcasm was hilarious and I loved his and Clary's entire dynamic. I also loved how Clary held her own in the tough new world she was shoved into, that girl was not going to take crap from anybody!

All of the action sequences in this book were awesome. They kept me on my toes, that's for sure. As for the whole half-human half angels part of the Nephilims history, I think that's really going to come back strong in the other books. Something tells me Clary's instincts to draw Jace with wings weren't a coincidence.

I really have nothing bad to say about this book except for of course the thing I was ranting about in the beginning, and even THAT was an awesome twist. So glad I finally got around to reading this book, if you haven't read it yet, don't hesitate to go pick it up.

Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5
Ending: 4/5
Cover: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment